Forum Terms of service
The moderators and administrators of this forum will do their best to delete or edit any reprehensible messages that may be posted on the forum. You acknowledge that all messages posted on this forum express the opinion of their respective authors, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the moderators and administrators.
In order to ensure the moderation of this forum, any message violating the preceding provisions may be edited or deleted without notice by the moderators and administrators of the forum. Any abuse may also be sanctioned by banning or deleting the user account. We reserve the right to inform your access provider and/or the judicial authorities of any malicious behaviour.
This forum may send you electronic messages (e-mail), such as activity notifications, or newsletters, sent by Forumotion or by an administrator of this forum. You can choose in your profile preferences to receive or not each of these messages.
Click on the button 'I Agree to these terms' below :
- You acknowledge that you have read these rules in their entirety ;
- You agree to comply fully with this rules ;
- You grant moderators of this forum the right to delete, move or edit any topic at any time.
As with every website, we have a set of rules to help keep our users safe and comfortable. Forum rules are specifically for maintaining order and ease of navigation. Keep in mind that all chat rules also apply to these forums! 1.) Forum Spam
*Forum spam is a little bit different from chat spam. Anything that clutters a topic or category with unnecessary information or nonsense qualifies. Listed below are examples of spam.
- Creating Useless Threads
- *Please don't create a topic just for the sake of posting random things. We have special forums for games and off-topic subjects, but every thread should have a distinct purpose.
- Off Topic Posts
- *When posting in a thread, make sure you're commenting in a way that contributes to the subject at hand. Random smileys or links to irrelevant websites are not welcome. If the topic was created to discuss endangered animals, we don't want to know about your new laptop in there. Make a separate topic about it in the correct forum.
- Double Posting
- *Posting multiple times in a row is called 'double posting' and it is considered spam. The only valid reason for double posting is when you're making relevant updates to a topic.
- Bumping Old Topics
- *This means to post in an old or dead topic, which bumps it up to the top of the forum. Old topics should be left alone unless
it is your intention to resurrect it because the subject was unresolved or you're requesting/providing important, relevant information. 2.) Asking Admins
*Administrators are there to help you. They will assist you in any way they can, but be aware that they have strict rules and guidelines about confidentiality.
- Do Not Ask
- *Don't ask us about bans in public forums or make topics to discuss a ban. Contact an administrator privately if you have questions, comments, or concerns about warnings and bans. *Don't ask to become an admin. We open applications when positions are available, and you're free to apply at that time
- Poses or Rooms
- *Feel free to post poses or rooms in the Questions for the Art Staff
forum. Acceptable topics include questions about why it is taking a long time to review a particular piece of artwork, why a pose or room was rejected, whether a pose is in the correct category and why, whether a link is a valid permission source, etc. You may not ask us to accept your poses or rooms.
- Tech Support
- *If you need help related to technical difficulties on the chat or forum, you can send in a Problem Ticket
or make a topic here
. (Make sure there isn't already a topic about the problem.) Be as detailed as possible. Tell us what operating system and browser you're using, what you were doing when the problem occured, how you tried to resolve the problem, and how often it happens. 3.) Avatars & Signatures
*Avatars and signatures can take up a lot of space on the forums, so we have a few rules about what is and isn't acceptable. Obviously you should make sure that every image you have on our forums is appropriate for the site's PG-13 rating.
- *Avatars may not exceed 150 pixels in height and in length. If you try to make a larger avatar than that, it will be automatically sized down. But please do avoid making your avatar overly flashy in a way that can irritate those who may have health problems like migraines or epilepsy.
-*Signatures may not exceed 200 pixels in height or 600 pixels in length, and if you try and make a larger signature than that, it will be automatically sized down. This is to avoid breaking someone's page. Ideally, posts will be bigger and more noticeable than someone's signature. Again, please avoid making your signature overly flashy in a way that can irritate those who may have health problems like migraines or epilepsy. 4.) Exchanging Artwork
*We take copyright law very seriously on Cat's Paw Island. If you try to use artwork without the creator's permission to do so, you will find yourself facing art theft charges. Always post permission links when using someone else's intellectual property. This includes poses, rooms, avatars, signatures, reference sheets, and any image created by another person. *Keep in mind that the admins are only responsible for making sure that your intellectual property isn't used against your will on Cat's Paw Island.
They cannot control other websites' content, such as Deviant Art, and they are not obligated to investigate a permission link's validity unless you make a complaint.
- Selling Artwork
- *You may sell your OWN art at your discretion. It is advised that you create terms of service for yourself so that you can enforce your rules. *You may not sell or redistribute the artwork of other people without their specific, stated permission.
- Tracing & Referencing
-*Tracing someone else's art to claim as your own work or to redistribute/sell is forbidden. Additionally, if you heavily reference someone else's work, you MUST post a link to said reference. 5.) Roleplay
for a list of roleplay rules and tips.
For questions, comments, and concerns, please feel free to message one of our administrators, listed here