Cats Paw Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The cat's Paw Island forums.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hello everyone. Because these forums are no longer being moderated, we have disabled posting for members. You will still be able to read posts, but not create, edit, or delete your own. You can find our new forums here: http://catspawisland.boards.net/ If you require any help, feel free to address an administrator in chat, or privately message one on our new boards. Thank you!

Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TwigTheCat
Cub
Cub
TwigTheCat

Main Character Bio.
Name:

Question Empty
PostSubject: Question   Question EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 6:18 pm

I have a pose to use, and it has a ban hammer on it. Can I use it for people who are being odd (my friends cx) and for my room? Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sien win die jager!
Back to top Go down
AutumnRain
Crazy cat lady in the making
AutumnRain

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 2:51 am

Bringing this up with the team so we can hopefully come up with a solid rule for this sort of thing. :]
Back to top Go down
AutumnRain
AutumnRain

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:51 am

We have come to the decision that banhammer, chaseoff, and other poses like these for non-administrator users will be allowed or disallowed on a case-by-case basis. However, if confusion arises about whether the pose owners are admins or not, we will revoke rights to these poses.
Back to top Go down
Ness
Warrior
Warrior
Ness

Main Character Bio.
Name: Azu

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 6:52 pm

So, for more clarification: will these poses be allowed in public rooms also? Are they treated similarly to the growl pose?
Back to top Go down
AutumnRain
AutumnRain

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:04 pm

We are still discussing whether or not we will condone them for public room use.

They are going to be allowed on a case-by-case basis mostly to avoid confusing non-administrator users. Some people are very intimidated by the prospect of being banned, and new members who don't know how to recognize staff might be upset if they are confronted with a pose that inadvertently threatens to ban them.

Hope that helps a little bit while we continue discussion :]
Back to top Go down
Ness
Warrior
Warrior
Ness

Main Character Bio.
Name: Azu

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:09 pm

Ah, I understand! Thanks for the clarification.
Personally, I think they shouldn't be allowed in public rooms...except maybe the one that's paid subscriptions only?
Back to top Go down
TwigTheCat
Cub
Cub
TwigTheCat

Main Character Bio.
Name:

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 7:46 am

I agree with Ness and autumnrain, their ideas are good
Back to top Go down
HolyKitten
Senior Events member
Senior Events member
HolyKitten

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 1:18 pm

I don't necessarily think the idea of using them in public rooms would suffice for other users. Like Autumn said, some might feel threatened. I'd rather keep them in member rooms instead, and let them be used appropriately.
Back to top Go down
Oxymoron
Literally Really Old
Oxymoron

Main Character Bio.
Name:

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 4:34 pm

HolyKitten wrote:
I don't necessarily think the idea of using them in public rooms would suffice for other users. Like Autumn said, some might feel threatened. I'd rather keep them in member rooms instead, and let them be used appropriately.

^ What Holy said. It's way too easy to use them inappropriately.
Back to top Go down
AutumnRain
AutumnRain

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Alright, folks. It has been decided that we will allow the banhammer and other kick-themed poses in private rooms. They will be accepted under Mythical, and we're trusting the users not to abuse these poses in all-species public rooms. If we find out that these poses have been misused, they will be removed, and it could also result in a ban because administrator impersonation is a serious offense.

In addition to that, we won't allow poses that too-closely resemble an administrator's character's colors, or poses that somehow indicate that the user is an admin when they aren't.

We're going on good faith here, but it is still going to be a case-by-case thing. :]
Back to top Go down
HolyKitten
Senior Events member
Senior Events member
HolyKitten

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 8:08 pm

AutumnRain wrote:
Alright, folks. It has been decided that we will allow the banhammer and other kick-themed poses in private rooms. They will be accepted under Mythical, and we're trusting the users not to abuse these poses in all-species public rooms. If we find out that these poses have been misused, they will be removed, and it could also result in a ban because administrator impersonation is a serious offense.

In addition to that, we won't allow poses that too-closely resemble an administrator's character's colors, or poses that somehow indicate that the user is an admin when they aren't.

We're going on good faith here, but it is still going to be a case-by-case thing. :]

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Oxymoron
Literally Really Old
Oxymoron

Main Character Bio.
Name:

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 8:20 pm

HolyKitten wrote:
Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down